Friday 31 August 2012

Mummy thoughts: Hobbies


So, being new to this whole being a mummy thing - I've not really being doing many 'me' things. Ive been concentrating on being the best mum that I can be (been trying anyway). Other parts of my life have taken a back burner. But now that I'm feeling relatively 'normal' again I think its about time I got back into the swing of things. 

Blogging - Ive started quite a few blogs and pages etc in the past bit always lose interest because I feel like I'm not really writing about anything. Just rambling on (nothings changed!! ha ha). But this time I'm using it as a little diary for when Alice gets older. So we can have a copy of it somehow - is there anywhere you can get blogs printed in for instance a bound book? That would be A-mazing!!

Craft - I really need to get back into this. Maybe I should challenge myself to make something once a month. Keep posted. 

Photography - I'm slightly obsessed with documenting everything to do with Alice at the moment. I'm sure it bores other people when I'm uploading photos of her all the time. But, I don't really care. I love it. It makes me happy. he he. I would love more than anything to be able to buy a really good camera, a digital SLR - but that's not going to happen any time soon. My Iphone works wonders really, I'm always snapping away. 

I have always thought that it is important to find things that you are passionate about and enjoy to use your 'free' time wisely and productively. I have always tried to do this - but sometimes get overwhelmed in the process. I get snowed under with ideas and projects that I end up not doing any - I know that makes no sense. But I cant be the only one that feels like this (most of the time!)

Recently Ive been happy when Ive been able to get a load of clothes washed, dried, folded and put away and washed all the pots and cleaned all the house. That's what Ive been happy about recently (really need to get out more I think!!). 

But that's what I associate with being a mum, a good mum. I can proudly say that since having Alice Ive not once let the house get a super mess. Id like to think Ive been able to to keep on top of things. 


No comments:

Post a Comment