Friday 31 August 2012

24 weeks 2 days: Weaning

So, Alice has started on solids (growing up too fast) we started about two weeks ago. I've been making my own food which so far has been:

  • Sweet Potato
  • Carrots
  • Pear
  • Apple
Theres something very satisfying about making your own baby food.
I don't have a blender so I use a on the hob steamer stacker, a fork, a metal sieve and a spoon. Then I freeze the puree in ice cube trays and just get a couple out a day in another sealed tub and pop in the fridge :) Just goes to show that you don't need all the expensive fan-dangled gadgets to give your babba the best thing. Those bags of apples and pears were £1 each and i think i used 3 apples and two pears to fill that ice cube tray - and that will last at least 9-10 days with the amount she has at the moment. 

She's also just started to have the cow & gate follow on milk (3) which is recommended from 6 months 

Mum decided to treat me and Alice to a bit of a girly day out before she goes back to work. We went to our local shopping centre called Meadowhall. We were there all day and Alice was such a good little munchin. She got so many smiles and comments from people walking by, I have to admit though she did look very very cute with a white headband on. 

We went for our dinner (which took sooo long to come, mum wasn't very pleased). Alice was totally mesmerised with the ceiling fan - giggling at it and doing a little Irish jig in her pram.


Today I noticed that the Steriliser wasnt working properly. We currently have the Tommee Tippee electric steam one - which we were given by a relative. I tried to turn it on today and the button lit up for about 30 seconds, clicked and went off again. Uh-Oh. I read a few forums about the product (and have heard theyre a bit unreliable from a friend who has now had two). Looked at the comments about de-scaling them too (which ive never done and because it second hand dont know if its ever been done)

I hopped on the internet and had a look at the baby event offers at Asda and Tesco. There was this offer at Tesco:


Brilliant, so off I went to Tesco with dad when he went to pick my brother up from work. Mum gave me one of her £5 Tesco vouchers (which I could have changed into a £10 voucher at the voucher exchange) RESULT. So I paid £3.49 for this. Tried it tonight and its good. Smaller than the electric one (because it has to fit in the microwave) - it holds 4 bottles nicely. Happy bunny. 

Mum watched Alice while I went on my little supermarket sweep, she was catching up on her fashion and gossip:



After a lovely sunny day, we came back to Daddy, had a cuddle and then me and Alice went up for her  daily bath (which she loves). Then I had to really search her draws for a sleepsuit that actaually fit her - shes at that inbetween stage again where 3-6 month is too small but 6-9 months is too big. It was no easy task but she has the cutest onsie on :) I found this fleecy outfit first, but its too small for her (shes never even worn it! oops)


my little pink ewok <3

1 comment:

  1. Ahhh i loved weaning Seb, its so satisfying seeing them enjoy something you've made. x

    ReplyDelete