Monday 20 August 2012

I love photo's...maybe a little too mu

OK, so - I am a little snap happy at the best of times, but since baby Alice popped into our lives I gone a bit crazy with the photo's. I have so many photos that I really don't know what to do with them or how to document / store them. I get overwhelmed with tasks like that. I want it to be done properly and accurate in chronological order. I sometimes think I have a little OCD (My other half says I definitely have OCD! ha ha)

I say its just because I'm a 'lets do it now kinda person' and he's a 'I'll do it tomorrow' person.
We were (well I was) having a laugh last night about it. I was winding him up, saying his middle name should be 'I'll do it tomorrow'. I hear it so often now, I mimic the answer! ha ha. Bless :)

Today, Mum & Dad kindly drove me and Alice to go pick up our family photo we had done at Venture Photography (Sheffield). I'd bought Stuart a voucher for a photo shoot for his 30th last year so me and him could have a photo together (as I hate having my photo taken, so hardly have any of us as a couple around the house). When we found out we were expecting our little Alice we decided to wait till she was here and have a family photo instead. About two months ago we had an hour (or so) with a photographer at the Sheffield studio and then invited back for a viewing (which I was really excited about). We were given very strong coffee and taken to a darkened room for a projected slide show of all the edited photos. To be honest there wasn't as many to choose from as I thought there would be and some of the effects I thought looked a bit rubbish. I couldn't believe how much they charge for their photos - the cheapest being about £200!! (a-hem - NO!) we came away with the 10x8 print in a basic black frame that came free with the voucher.

Here is the photo we chose...what do you think? (its a photo of a photo that's in a glass frame - taken on my Iphone quickly this afternoon - so not the best copy I know)


We had another photo taken which was a fraction of the price for a package of photos and cardboard frames that could be given out to friends and family. This was done by Tempest photography at our local children's centre. Alice was a bit tired and needed her bottle (as we were waiting about an hour because they were running late) - but we got this image from the second photo that was taken! Clever (photographic girl).


I love them both and they both make me smile! Still can't believe we have a little girl. Can't believe how lucky we are. She's just perfect!!

2 comments:

  1. These photos are gorgeous. I love her little floral sleepsuit :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thankyou. Thats one of my most favourite outfits of hers :) xx

    ReplyDelete