Tuesday 21 August 2012

Restless mummy day

I'm on antibiotics at the moment from an insect bite that got infected (cellulitus??) and whenever I take a tablet I feel a bit woozy, tired and generally 'meh' :( Ive felt a bit 'off' for a few days and hope I'll feel back to normal soon.

As always, I feel like I should be tidying and sorting EVERYTHING. I'll do that tomorrow when Alice goes out for the day with her Nan Nan.


So today I did some housework (washing pots) as usual and a load of washing set off, hung out, brought it, folded - then, added to the 'put away pile' which is a mini mountain at the moment (on my list of things to do tomorrow).


Alice has been chilling out in her Jumperoo today - I had to put the Wii fit board and an Argos catalogue under her so she could actually jump bless her.

Jumperoo fun times - she especially like to spin the clear ball with the sun inside it, and she's discovered the parrot - she loves birds!! Just like mummy - anything bird / owl related I love. 

She doesn't stay in it for too long yet but she definitely likes it! It will be better when she's a bit bigger (even though I don't want my baby to get any bigger!)

I ended up going for a little walk to time it so I would meet my mum from work and walk back up with her. That didn't go to plan really. The heavens opened (as I predicted - took the washing in before I set off! woohoo - Emily - 1 Rain - 0) I came prepared and with military timing I whipped my waterproof mac on in a flash from the basket of the pram and popped Alice's rain cover on (which she has just started to kick all the time)- in record time! I work well under pressure - Ive just decided. Well it was like a flash flood, heavy heavy rain. It was either turn back and go back into the house (to be restless again - till Stu got home). Or just get wet. I got wet, very wet. Arh well - the fresh air did us good im sure.

Info
  • Age: 22 weeks 6 days
  • Weight: haven't weighed (need to do)
  • Length: haven't measured
  • Nappy size: 3
  • Clothes size: 3-6 months


Things Im noticing about Alice: 
  • She really wants to sit up all the time, shes leaning forward to grab things.
  • She's started to have an afternoon nap at about 2pm everyday for about an hour. 
  • I was feeding her from the bottle this afternoon at about 2pm and she started to shake - like fit type shakes and I got worried. I sat her up a little and then back down to feed and she seemed ok. Then did it again. Then fell to sleep. I looked it up on the internet and a lot of people had the same experiences with their babies. I few of them said it was like when we are falling asleep and try and keep ourselves awake by jolting ourselves etc. Hmm. will have to take not if it happens again. 
Milk drunk babba <3

No comments:

Post a Comment