Monday 24 September 2012

Meal Planning and Organisation

I'm starting to become increasingly hard on myself on the fact that I'm getting a bit lazy (and used to being off work) This is not good, and not constructive at all.
  • I do make sure the pots are washed and put away and all the kitchen sides are clean (anti-bacterial freak since Alice came)
  • Alice eats the food I prepared and froze (which i need to go shopping to make another batch up - need to decide on what to get her now shes 7 months. Any ideas/tips?)
  • I do a load of washing nearly every day to keep on top of things (id do more but I cant dry it, the weather is dreadful and we don't have a tumble)
I am a little obsessed with the app Instagram (if you want to follow me, my user name is 'prettyquirky') and a photo of a line up of pre prepared meals popped up on my screen and it got me thinking. So, I've come to bed (while the boy watches a foreign karate film i have no interest in, lol) to do some research - as we need to to the 'big shop' this week and I need some inspiration on what to cook us and ultimately to be more healthy (I NEED to lose weight - i feel very unhappy at the moment about how I look) and we also need to be more thrifty with our money - after we seemed to literally run out of money 3 weeks into the month and had to borrow money. I hate borrowing money - It never sits well with me (but I am very very thankful that we have people that can help)

Do any of you (8. lol) readers plan your meals for the week? 
I find it some what tricky as me and my partner like very different things - even though when i just cook something and put in front of my other half, he always eats it. 

Alice's apatite is definitely on the rise also - so i need to get her a more balance diet. But I'm not sure what to buy. 

No comments:

Post a Comment