Monday 2 January 2012

29 weeks and 3 days pregnant

So, there's only 10 weeks and 4 days till my due date (and to be honest I'm terrified!)


I really do feel that's its strange that you go to your antenatal classes so late on in pregnancy - i really want someone who knows to sit down with me and explain whats going to happen when i actually go into labour (oh my gosh!). 


I'm very distracted by that thought and give myself banging headaches because of it :( need to calm down I think. My hormones are all over the place and i can feel myself getting irritable - it doesn't help that I'm not sleeping properly, going to the loo about a million times a day and generally just feeling extremely tired whenever i try to do anything - everything seems to suck the energy out of me. 


Ive been having slight period pain type feelings for the past couple of days - only mild - but a reminder that everything 'down there' is gearing up for the big event. 


Ive had a number of very vivid dreams lately - one where the baby was a boy - and not so much of a baby, with a mouth full of teeth! I was like.... 'i cant breastfeed him, and.....he's a boy! everything we have is for a girl! aaarrrgh!' ha ha. Mental. 


Ive been off the past two days - and i think i really needed it. I'm so tired and can NEVER get comfortable - i think that's the worst thing at the moment. That, and the horrible burning sensation in my groin when I've been walking for a little bit - after some research on the Internet and speak to my midwife I think i have 'Pelvic Girdle Pain' and its not nice I tell you! 


Last week I came home from work one day to discover this:




Stu and my mum and dad had been very busy sorting the room. Putting the wardrobe up (that was in a million pieces), putting the curtain rail and curtains up and giving the whole room a good tidy. 


We still have lots to tidy up (well I do). When i start on my maternity leave I'm going to dedicate some time into selling some bits and bobs on Ebay - some life laundry - mostly clothes that I don't wear anymore - and never really wore in the first place. 


I think we have finally chosen our pram as well:



Its a silver cross surf and very cool! Hopefully, it will still be on offer when we go to pay the first instalment next week - it comes with a free car seat worth £100 - bonus.



No comments:

Post a Comment