Friday 9 December 2011

I hate blood tests - and they hate me!

Today I went for my GTT (Glucose Tolerance Test). Had to have a blood test, drink and bottle of lucazade then have another blood test two hours later. 


Now, I know its dramatic - but Ive had really bad experiences with blood tests before and I always get 'youve got rubbish veins' and i think - great - here we go!


So, first blood test - first try, needle in - no blood flow. 
Second try (in the vein that's really sore and tender whenever they go for that one) in, blood flow OK - but my gosh it stings. 


Drank the lucazade and read some boring celeb magazines in the waiting room with mum. 


Second blood test - tried my left arm. Needle in - no blood flow. 
Next we tried in the back of my hand - needle in - vein collapsed - great stuff (that stunk like a bugger! lol)
Third try - back into the right arm into the vein that always hurts the worst (and still does now) Needle in - blood was not flowing! ARGH! 


So, test wasn't done and the whole morning was a (stressful) waste of time. 






So then me and mum went into town and picked up a few bits and had some food (cos id not been able to eat the night before or the morning) then off I went to work. 

No comments:

Post a Comment